Parker's cartridge safety relief valves (CSRV) are designed to offer the highest level of protection while maintaining easy serviceability. The CSRV was designed from the existing Parker SR and SRH safety relief valve housing, which allows for a simple and easy upgrade path to the new cartridge based design. As local or state codes govern the frequency of valve replacement, the CSRV is a cost effective alternative to standard safety relief valve designs.
• Refrigeration Specialties
Features and Benefits:
• Suitable for ammonia and halocarbon refrigerants
• ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, Section VIII, Division 1 compliant
• ANSI/ASHRAE 15 safety standard for refrigeration systems
• Stainless steel cartridge and internal components
• Same lay in length as SR and SRH series safety relief valves
• Cartridge based design allows for replacement while housing remains in the system
• Non-stick PTFE seat
• Set pressure tolerance of ±3%
• Unaffected by vibration
Function and Design:
• Safety relief valves are used to protect against or limit pressure build up in refrigeration systems, vessels or compressors caused by a process upset or equipment failure.
• The cartridge safety relief valve (CSR) and high capacity cartridge safety relief valve (CSRH) are intended to prevent the pressure of the vessel from rising more than 10% above the designed working pressure (DWP) of the vessel or the pressure setting of the relief device, whichever is the lower pressure.
• Compressor Packages
• Accumulator Vessels
• Anywhere else protection from overpressure is required